Friday, May 20, 2011

Event's 'soul' has been lost

I am wondering whatever happened to the "soul" of the Glastonbury Festival.

Once it was renowned for its atmosphere, its freedom and its eclectic music, sideshows, food and most of all attendees.

Are we now to expect the food and clothing stalls to be replaced by Porsche dealerships, computer and phone salesmen, second home estate agencies et al?

We may well see it coming as the only people that can get tickets these days are those fortunate enough to have superfast broadband or higher level fibre-optic telecoms networks, ie city folk!

All of my friends that attend every year, all of my daughter's friends and their friends have failed to get tickets this year.

I even know some people who have attended every year for 40 years, who live in Somerset that have not got tickets.

If Karma means what goes around comes around then the Glastonbury Festival will soon just be another commercial festival like all the others and not the world's greatest music festival that it used to be.

I am not complaining on my behalf as I got my ticket in the local ballot, but I will be buying a T-shirt with the logo – "Just call me Farmer-No-Mates cos oim from Somerset".

I will be like a Spartan at the battle of Thermopylae this year!

Peter Simon Bubwith Walk Wells

Source: http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/glastonburyfestival/Event-s-soul-lost/article-3515299-detail/article.html

Stock markets Christmas markets Manufacturing data Nuclear waste Xabi Alonso Lee Cattermole

No comments:

Post a Comment